Recipe by ellie3763
from CookingLight. Prepare and refrigerate both the topping and the cheesecake up to 3 days ahead of time, but take the cheesecake to your gathering in the springform pan. To serve it, remove the springform ring, slice the cheesecake, and pass the sauce.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 15 gingersnaps
- 24 cinnamon graham crackers (6 full cracker sheets)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces blocks reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 4 large egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping: combine syrup and cranberries in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Crust: place the gingersnaps and graham crackers in a food processor, and process until fine crumbs measure 1 3/4 cups. Drizzle with butter, and pulse 2 times or until moist. Firmly press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Filling: place sugar, vanilla, and cheeses in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when the pan is touched. Remove the cheesecake from oven, and run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Serve with topping.