Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Delicious Plain Cheesecake With Blueberry Topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cups blueberries (can use fresh or frozen )
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well. Pour into a 9 inch springform pan. Use a spoon and press crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and cool at room temperature.
- Cheesecake filling:.
- Preheat oven to 430°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together cream cheese and sugar, until fluffy. (You can use a regular electric mixer and a bowl). Make sure you scrape the bowl, so you don't get any cream cheese chunks.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix on low speed. Add vanilla.
- Add greek yogurt and mix well on low speed.
- Pour into crust .
- Bake on 430 F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 275 F and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit inside for 1 hour. Then cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Blueberry Sauce:.
- In a large pan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, lemon juice and flour. When this mixture begins to thicken add blueberries and mix well, so they are evenly coated. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until sauce begins to bubble.
- Cool at room temperature and serve on top of cheesecake.