1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef mariajane's Note:
With it's luxuriously rich filling and real-fruit topping, cheesecake commanded a relatively steep price at 20th century diners. One bite of this classic provided all the justification anyone needed!! This is another of Martha's -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1MAKE THE CRUST: Preheat the oven to 325°F Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking sprauy. Wrap exterior of pan (including base) with foil.
- 2Stir together butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom and 3-inches up sides of pan. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3MAKE THE FILLING: Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Reduce sped to low, and add sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Beat until well combined (do not overmix). Pour into chilled crust.
- 4Set springform pan in a large, shallow roasting pan. Place in oven. Carefully ladle enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up side of springform pan. Bake until cheesecake is set but still slightly wobbly in center, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Transfer roasting pan to a wire rack. Let cake cool in roast pan 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from roasting pan, and refrigerate, uncovered, at least 8 hours (or overnight).
- 5BLUEBERRY TOPPING: Combine all ingedients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until berries break down, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate, covered until cold (or up to 3 days).
- 6ASSEMBLY: Run a knife around edge of cake, and unmold. Spoon topping over cake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake With Blueberry Topping
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.2
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 198.5 mg
- Sodium 374.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 60.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g