1/1 Photo of Cheesecake Truffle Bombs for the Holidays
4 hrs 30 mins
What a great idea! Saw this in a new cookbook by Marcy Goldman "A Passion for Baking" and knew I had to set this aside for our holiday baking. COOKING TIME seems long, but that includes baking the cheesecake AND chilling AND freezing the little squares prior to dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cake-Truffles
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
For the Dipping
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
For the Drizzling
- 10 ounces white chocolate, melted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper; spray with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In blender: mix the cake ingredients until smooth, pour into prepared pan.
- 3Bake until set (about 30 minutes); cake should be firm, but not dried or curling around the edges; cool in fridge.
- 4While the cake is chilling, line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 5Cut cake into 24 or 32 small squares; place on lined baking sheet; freeze for 1-2 hours.
- 6Near the end of the freezing time, melt dipping chocolates (SEPARATELY).
- 7TO FINISH: Using a fork dip each square in the melted chocolate on all sides; set on parchment lined baking sheet until set. These can be dipped in another chocolate or drizzled with the white chocolate.
- 8Freeze briefly to set.
- 9Transfer to small confectionary paper cups (optional).
- 10Seal truffles in a zip-top freezer bag for up to two months.
- 11Serve frozen or slightly thawed.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake Truffle Bombs for the Holidays
Serving Size: 1 (1755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 86.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g