Recipe by Peggy Lynn
This recipe was just posted in The Houston Chronicle. Little Cheesecake/Toffee Cookies--rich and delicious. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I made these this morning and they are terrific! It took me awhile to find the choclate coated toffee bits but I am so glad I did. I used light cream cheese but otherwise made as posted. I made exactly 24 cookies using my cookie scoop. These are going on my cookie list for Christmas baking. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered english toffee bar (such as Heath or Skor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Set aside an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place flour,baking soda and salt in a small bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Place brown sugar, cream cheese and butter in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer on medium speed until dough is lighter in texture, about 20 seconds.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix briefly to blend.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add flour mixture.
- Beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are blended inches.
- Stir in chocolate-covered toffee with a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie batter by rounded tablespoons into twenty-four mounds onto baking sheet, spacing them 1-1/2 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies appear dry and are golden, up to 20-25 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, lay waxed paper on wire rack.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately transfer cookies to waxed paper.
- Let cookies cool completely.