Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Your Cheesecake will be done when its center appears nearly set, but jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
- The Crust: Combine crushed cookies, and nuts. Stir in melted butter. Reserve 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture for topping, if desired. Press remaining onto bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9" spring form pan.
- The Cake: In a mixer bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and lemon peel. Beat with electric mixer till fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolk all at once, beating on low speed just till combined.
- Stir in milk.
- Pour into crust-lined pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs, if any. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 35 - 40 minutes, till center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan with a butter knife.
- Cool for 30 minutes more; remove sides of pan Cool completely.
- Chill at least 4 hours.