1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Kellie in SLO's Note:
This is a very dense cheesecake with a very smooth and creamy filling. The crust tastes like a lemon cookie. This does take some time to make but very well worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 eggs (1 cup)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
STRAWBERRY GLAZE (optional)
PINEAPPLE GLAZE (optional)
- 1MAKE CRUST: Combine first 3 ingredients.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- 4Blend throughly.
- 5Pat 1/3 of the dough on the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan (sides removed).
- 6Be sure to leave the edges clear to put the sides on later.
- 7Bake in 400 degree oven about 8 minutes or until golden, Cool.
- 8Attach sides to bottom, butter and pat remaining dough on sides to height of 1 3/4 inches.
- 9MAKE FILLING: Beat cream chesse until creamy.
- 10Add vanilla and lemon peel.
- 11In a separate bowl mix together sugar, flour and salt.
- 12Gradually blend into cheese mixture.
- 13Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beater after each just to blend.
- 14Gently stir in whipping cream.
- 15Pour into the crust lined pan.
- 16Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking 55 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven; cool.
- 18Loosen sides with saptula after 1/2 hour.
- 19Remove sides at the end of 1 hour.
- 20Allow to cool 2 hours longer.
- 21Serve plain or top with Strawberry or Pineapple Glaze.
- 22STRAWBERRY GLAZE: In a saucepan crush 1 cup of the berries; add the water and cook 2 minutes.
- 23Mix the cornstarch with the sugar (amount depends on how sweet the berries are).
- 24Stir into hot berry mixture.
- 25Bring to boiling; stirring constantly.
- 26Cook until thick and clear.
- 27Cool to room temperature.
- 28Place remaining strawberries on top of the cooled cheesecake.
- 29Pour glaze over the strawberries and chill about 2 hours.
- 30PINEAPPLE GLAZE: Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan; stir in pineapple juice and lemon peel.
- 31Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boiling.
- 32Cook and stir until thick and clear.
- 33Cool to room temperature.
- 34Cut canned pineapple rings in half; arrange in a spoke fashion around edge of cheesecake.
- 35Spoon glaze over; chill 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.7
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 248.7 mg
- Sodium 411.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g