Recipe by CarrolJ
I've had this recipe for about 40 years. It is not a true cheesecake because of the volume of other ingredients but definitely has a delicate cheesecake flavor. It makes a lot and is good for a large dinner party or a potluck dinner. Worth the wait! This is very good! Cooking time is cooling time.
- 1 (4 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin (prepared as per pkg directions and chilled to semi-firm stage)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, such as carnation, refrigerated until well chilled
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin, softened in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts (such as Recipe 63068, doubled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a graham cracker crust into the bottom of either a 9x13 inch pan or into 3-9inch pie pans using 'Basic Graham Cracker Crust#63068' doubled.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of crust for topping.
- While the lemon Jell-O and the can of evaporated milk are chilling-- put a large glass bowl and the beaters of your mixer in the refrigerator to chill as well.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the softened unflavored gelatin to the cheese mixture.
- Mix in the drained crushed pineapple.
- Add the semi-hard lemon Jell-O to the mixture in steps 4-6.
- Fold the beaten evaporated milk to the mixture.
- Pour into either a 9 x 13 pan or 3 pie pans you have already lined on the bottom with the graham cracker crust.
- Lightly sprinkle the reserved graham cracker crust on the top of the dessert.
- Refrigerate at least overnight.