1/2 Photos of Cheesecake-Stuffed Lemon Cake
2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe in my email, but it's originally from the March 2008 issue of Oxmoor House. Only making chocolate things sometimes gets boring, so I like to switch it up. This cake uses shortcuts, but you could easily use your own homemade cream cheese frosting, lemon curd, and cheesecake. Just as a warning, the price of all the ingredients for this cake cost around $25. *Note: Prep time includes an hour of refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (4 ounce) white chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated (about 2 large lemons)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans cream cheese frosting, homestyle (I substituted one of the cans for lemon for the filling)
- 1 (19 ounce) cheesecake, frozen, with strawberry topping, finely diced (recommended ( Sara Lee)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- 3Fold in chopped chocolate and lemon rind. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 4Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely.
- 6Wrap and chill cake layers at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- 7Using a serrated knife or a string of unflavored dental floss, slice cake layers in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- 8Place 1 layer, cut side down, on a cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with one-third of chopped cheesecake and 1/2 cup raspberries. Repeat procedure twice.
- 9Note: When stacking the layers, press the middle of each layer down a little, so the cake doesn't have as much of a dome when you put the last layer on.
- 10Place final cake layer on top of cake, cut side down. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake.
- 11Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 12Just before serving, heat the lemon curd to liquid consistency and drizzle the lemon curd over the cake. Garnish with remaining raspberries, strawberries, and mint leaves (if using).
- 13Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake-Stuffed Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.8
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 756.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 120.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: