Recipe by mer@
From the cookbook titled The Fruit of the Spirit, Mary, Mother of God Church, Hillsborough, NJ.
- 5⁄8 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, flour, and walnuts by hand. Set aside 1 cup sugar-nut mixture to be used as topping.
- Press into 10x13 inch cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread on crust.
- Sprinkle nut mixture reserved from crust mixture, on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cool and chill. Cut into squares when cool.