Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't have a Springform Pan? That's Okay, use a rectangular pan with this recipe. Even though the cooking time is 45 minutes, the cake does have to sit for 9 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (19 ounce) canfruit pie filling (your choice of Fruit)
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F Degrees.
- Combine crumbs and sugar.
- Add butter and mix until all is well absorbed by the butter.
- Place into a greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Note: the crust will be baked again, so do not overbake.
- Filling: Cream cheese, and add sugar gradually.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour onto prepared crust, and bake at 350°F for approx.
- 45 minutes, or when the whole surface of the cake has risen, remove from oven immediately and let sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Pour fruit topping or Pie filling overtop and refrigerate overnight (approx. 8 hours).
- Cut into squares and serve.
I tried this recipe for thanksgiving and was very diappointed the bars were very thin.Not what I had in mind. Was very similiar in my ingredients for my springform pan which ihave been using for years with much succes and compliments and since I was serving more people thought the amount would be perfect.