Recipe by NotYourMommasCookin
I made these at Christmas time for my husband's work and they loved 'em. Very easy to make!
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 1⁄3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a fork mix brown sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour and stir until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- Reserve 1 cup brown sugar mixture and press the remaining mixture into the bottom of an 8x8-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add granulated sugar, egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the brown sugar mixture in baking pan. Sprinkle with the reserved brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let stand until cool.
- Cut into squares.