Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Came up with this a couple years ago when talking to a parent about "boring sandwich syndrome". Her daughter was tired of the same old meat sandwiches and wanted something fun in her lunch.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread and jam on the other. Press together gently.
- Cut into quarters.
- You can also change up the jam or use tortilla's instead of bread slices.
I eat this every night before bed. I use sugar free jam and fat free cream cheese, and I like to warm it up in the microwave a bit. MMMMMMMMMM.....
This was a favorite of mine as a kid, and I still love it now. I used a whole wheat english muffin, spread light cream cheese on each half and added some strawberry raspberry jam. Such a nice treat.
I'm having this now as I type for an afternoon snack. I used 1 slice whole grain bread, FF cream cheese and sugarfree blackberry jam. Yum! Thanks so much for the awesome idea!