Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This fun dessert starts with your favorite cheesecake recipe, minus the crust. I made #107544 for this. Your freezer is your friend on this, and the toppings are unlimited as you use your imagination. Leftovers should be kept in the freezer, and they should be eaten soon after being taken out, as they tend to fall off the sticks if left out too long.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared cheesecake, any flavor
- 50 sucker sticks
- 14 ounces melted chocolate, for dipping
- Take prepared cheesecake and mash in a bowl to make it easy to scoop.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out the cheesecake and roll into balls.
- Push one sucker stick into each ball.
- Freeze for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt down your chocolate or candy melts in a double boiler.
- Place toppings (crushed oreos, chopped nuts, candy sprinkles, toffee bits - use your imagination) in a bowl.
- Remove pops from freezer.
- Working quickly (the chocolate will cool quickly due to the frozen pop), dip pops into melted chocolate, twirling stick to remove excess chocolate and then roll in desired topping. You could use crushed oreos, chopped nuts, sprinkles, whatever your heart desires.
- Push pop sticks into styrofoam to keep them upright while chocolate and toppings set.
- Place back into freezer for approximately 20 minutes and then place into storage container.
- Keep in freezer, removing 10-15 minutes before eating.