Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
You get he best of both worlds with this receipe. If you are a cheesecake/pecan pie lover then this will be your dish.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Beat together, cream cheese, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread over pie crust.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add corn syrup, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat again.
- Pour over pecans gently.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
I made this pie today, it is another one for PAC. This one is a keeper !! I love the taste of the cheese in this. Good change from plain pecan pie. I will keep this one to make again at Christmas. Thanks George !
I made this last weekend. The flavor was great - not quite a mix of pecan pie and cheesecake but really good. It probably would have looked a lot better in a 10" pie shell, it started to overflow. I had to bake it for about 1 hour, 5 minutes before my knife was clean and then the top was very crusty and burned looking. I will definetely make this again - maybe tweek it a bit.