Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for a request. Add a topping of your choice.
Make and share this Cheesecake, New York Style - Jeff Smith's Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Blend the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter, and line the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch ungreased spring form pan.
- Blend the sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a food blender for 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Pour 2 tbsp melted butter through the top of the machine. Pour into the spring form pan.
- Bake in the lower third of a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- When baking is finished, remove from oven, and turn oven onto broil. Broil the cheesecake just until the top begins to show attractive brown spots.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, preferably overnight, before cutting and serving. This is not a low calorie version. Cut into small pieces - it is very rich. Serves 8-12.
Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! So incredibly easy to make, and probably less than half the cost of a store bought cheesecake.