Recipe by AmandaAOates
I LOVE these muffins! Well I love anything with the word cheesecake in the title :) These muffins are yummy! Another recipe that came from my Mom... Perfect for breakfast, snacks even dessert. These muffins don't need anything to complete them (ie. butter) they are already filled with goodness...hee..Enjoy!
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup jam (I use homemade but store bought will work just fine, Only use your favorite!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese and icing sugar on high speed in blender.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat in egg and orange rind.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with milk to creamed mixture.
- Stir until blended.
- Half fill muffin pan with batter. Add 1 tbsp cheesecake mixture.
- Add 1 tsp jam (or a little bit more:) and top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until firm.