Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cheesecake and Brownie together! What could be better! From Gourmet Magazine in June 2007.
Make and share this Cheesecake-Marbled Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- To make the Brownie batter: Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Heat butter and chocolate in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt until well combined. Whisk in flour until just combined and spread into baking pan.
- Make the cheesecake batter and bake brownies: Whisk together cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg yolk and 1/4 tsp vanilla until smooth. Dollop over brownie batter then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.