Recipe by DDW
These are some quick and easy bars that everyone loves. They are nothing to whip up real quick and I always have the ingredients on hand.
Top Review by Shelly R
These bars are absolutely delicious. I took these to a gathering of 250 co-workers. Of all the desserts served, mine was the first one to disappear. I made one batch with an orange cake mix and placed a wedge slice of orange on top. I made the second batch with a lemon cake mix and a wedge slice of lemon. The third batch was with a strawberry cake mix and a slice of strawberry on top. I will definitely be making these again.
- 1 package lemon cake mix (or any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
- Pat into the bottom of a greased 9"X13" baking pan.
- Mix together the cream cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar.
- Pour over the cake mixture in the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.