1/3 Photos of Cheesecake Kugel
1 hr 30 mins
This makes a huge kugel, but it's so delicious it goes really quickly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/4 kg) containers cottage cheese (can be low-fat)
- 3 cups sour cream (3 containers)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 4 -6 eggs, depending on how rich you like your kugel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (500 g) package broad egg noodles or 1 (500 g) package thin egg noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup raisins (we leave them out)
- cinnamon (for topping)
- sugar (for topping)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, milk and half of the melted butter.
- 2Beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla and add to the cheese mixture.
- 3Add the cooked noodles and the raisins (if using).
- 4Turn into a large buttered pan or into two smaller ones (this makes a lot of kugel!).
- 5Top with the remaining melted butter.
- 6Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top.
- 7Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately one hour or until lightly browned.
- 8May be frozen and reheated.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g