Recipe by slobo80
This recipe was from a newspaper given to me by a friend of mine. It is my wife's favorite cheesecake recipe because it is not too sweet and it is pretty light.
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 lb cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 lb sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. With electric mixer, beat the creams cheese with cottage cheese at high speed.
- 2. Gradually beat in the sugar, then the eggs.
- 3. At low speed, beat in the cornstarch, flour, lemon juice and rind, and vanilla.
- 4. Beat in the melted butter and sour cream.
- 5. Pour into the the greased 9" spring-form pan.
- 6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 7. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until form around the edges.
- 8. Turn off the oven and let the pan stand in the oven for two hours.
- 9. Remove from the oven and let it cool at least two more hours.
- 10. Refrigerate the cake for 3 hours.