Recipe by Sherrybeth
A friend sent this recipe to me today and I thought I would share since I didn't see one like it posted. She said that this recipe has been a favorite of her mom's for several years now and that it is a very rich ice cream. It does have to refrigerate overnight after mixing up and before freezing.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, cold
- 1 cup whipping cream, cold
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer.
- In the bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until soft and smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the sour cream and then the whipping.
- Add the salt, lemon juice and vanilla and beat the mixture just until thick and smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Wash and dry the mixer beaters and chill them again.
- The next day, using the chilled beaters and gradually increasing the mixer speed from low to medium, beat the cold ice cream mixture until loose and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately, or pack the ice cream into a covered container and freezer for up to 24 hours. Allow the ice cream to soften in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving if frozen overnight.