Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a Good Housekeeping version of the classic cheesecake with nearly half the calories and fat. Enjoy without the guilt! Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons trans fat-free extra-light vegetable oil spread, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 pints nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In 9-inch springform pan, stir crumbs with spread until moistened. With hand, firmly press mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake crust 15 minutes or until deep golden. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Slowly beat sugar mixture into cream cheese. On low speed, beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, until blended.
- Pour batter over crust in pan. Bake cheesecake 1 hour. Edge will be set, but center will still jiggle. Turn oven off; let cheesecake remain in oven 1 hour. Transfer to wire rack. Run thin knife around edge of cheesecake to prevent cracking during cooling. Cool in pan, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan to serve.