Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Two decadent desserts come together.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with lightly buttered waxed paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, evaporated milk and marshmallows in a heavy 2 1/2 to 3 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat; stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 1/2 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and white chocolate chips until melted.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Cut into squares.
I've never Madre fudge before, but I decided to try this recipe dispite the negative reviews. I'm so glad I did! It taste just like cheesecake fudge that we got at a fudge shop last week! I let it sit about three hours before cutting it. I may have cooked the milk, butter, sugar and marshmallows a little longer or hotter than the directions said because my candy thermometer was broke, but the end result was perfect!
Followed the recipe EXACTLY.. Did not harden, and did not taste good. NOTHING like cheesecake, very disappointed.
Does not setup and tastes like melted marshmallows and nothing like cheesecake.