Recipe by carolinafan
Two decadent desserts come together.
Top Review by pix1114
I've never Madre fudge before, but I decided to try this recipe dispite the negative reviews. I'm so glad I did! It taste just like cheesecake fudge that we got at a fudge shop last week! I let it sit about three hours before cutting it. I may have cooked the milk, butter, sugar and marshmallows a little longer or hotter than the directions said because my candy thermometer was broke, but the end result was perfect!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with lightly buttered waxed paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, evaporated milk and marshmallows in a heavy 2 1/2 to 3 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat; stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 1/2 minutes on medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and white chocolate chips until melted.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Cut into squares.