Prep 13 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Note: I included the refrigeration time in the prep time total.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 -4 cups graham cracker crumbs (more or less if needed)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sour cream and mix with a spoon.
- Mix crust ingredients right in the ungreased springform pan with hands.
- Pat down hard.
- Pour filling in on top of crust.
- Cover bottom of pan with aluminum foil because it drips.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool for one hour or completely cover with foil and put right in the refrigerator.
- It must cool in refrigerator for at least 12 hours to be at its best taste.
- (This is really important! The cheesecake will be runny if you skimp on this step!) Toppings: Top with fruit if you like.
- Or, mix 1 container of sour cream, with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Put this topping on cheesecake when you take it out of oven, and bake it for ten more minutes.
- (I always use the sour cream topping--yum!) Even with the sour cream topping you can melt some bittersweet chocolate squars and drizzle them over the top.
- This looks really elegant and adds just a little chocolate flavor to contrast the sweetness of the cheesecake.