Recipe by mary winecoff
This is a quick and easy recipe that uses a brownie mix as a starter. Brownie crust with a cheesecake filling and brownie streusel for a topping. My boys loved this. From Camilla Saulsbury's Brownie Mix Bliss cookbook.
- 552.81-561.32 g package brownie mix
- 532.32 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, oats and melted butter with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened. Press half of mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer set on high until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until just blended. Spoon and spread cheesecake mixture over base layer; top with reserved crumb mixture and press down gently.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes or until topping is firm to touch. Cool completely. Cut into bars.