Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe that uses a brownie mix as a starter. Brownie crust with a cheesecake filling and brownie streusel for a topping. My boys loved this. From Camilla Saulsbury's Brownie Mix Bliss cookbook.
- 552.81-561.32 g package brownie mix
- 532.32 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, oats and melted butter with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened. Press half of mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer set on high until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until just blended. Spoon and spread cheesecake mixture over base layer; top with reserved crumb mixture and press down gently.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes or until topping is firm to touch. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Yummmmm...these bars are so good! I used fat free cream cheese and they still turned out great. Thanks for this yummy treat!
I made these using my Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies I don't usually purchase brownie mixes, I think my brownies were a little to moist for any filling in the middle, a more cake-like brownie would have been better, the taste was good, I think I really should have baked them for longer due to the filling in the middle, I might give this another go with boxed mix at sometime, thanks Mary!
What a GREAT change from the usual brownies! Don't get me wrong ~ I LIKE BROWNIES any ol' way they're made! But these ~ They're soooo good! Made they absolutely as directed, & they are OUTSTANDING! Definitely a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday! cooking game]