Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use your own favorite pastry recipe for this, or message me for the original Cheesecake Factory's pastry recipe. I would add in 1 tablespoon vanilla to the filling! Prep time does not include making the pie pastry.
- 9 inch prepared pie pastry
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 414.03 ml whipping cream, unwhipped
- whipped cream, for topping sweetened to taste and flavored with
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- Set oven to 375 degrees (set oven to second-lowest position).
- Prepare a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Fit the prepared pastry in a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute edges.
- Prick holes in the bottom of the crust then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line, weight and bake the shell for 8 minutes (second-lowest rack).
- For the filling; In a bowl combine brown sugar, white sugar, flour, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Add in eggs and whipping cream; whisk to combine well.
- Pour the filling into prepared pie plate.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let cook then serve with whipped cream.
- *NOTE* I also have the original recipe for their pastry if you would like it just message me.
I have been using this recipe for years. Always comes out perfect. I adore all your recipes...when I want to make anything I look to see if you have a recipe. Plus I always use your suggestions on modifying the recipe. You have never let me down. Happy holidays!!!
Just came out of the oven - wow! Now, being that I'm no pastry chef, I will admit that I purchased two 9" shells... This recipe easily filled both, right to the rim! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
This filling made a fabulous pie, even without any vanilla. We also used golden brown sugar instead of dark brown. This made a brown- sugar- in- pumpkin pie believer out of me! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! We used the Basic Pie Crust I (117324) that worked wonderfully.