Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use your own favorite pastry recipe for this, or message me for the original Cheesecake Factory's pastry recipe. I would add in 1 tablespoon vanilla to the filling! Prep time does not include making the pie pastry.
Top Review by West L.
I have been using this recipe for years. Always comes out perfect. I adore all your recipes...when I want to make anything I look to see if you have a recipe. Plus I always use your suggestions on modifying the recipe. You have never let me down. Happy holidays!!!
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie pastry
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream, unwhipped
- whipped cream, for topping sweetened to taste and flavored with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees (set oven to second-lowest position).
- Prepare a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Fit the prepared pastry in a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute edges.
- Prick holes in the bottom of the crust then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line, weight and bake the shell for 8 minutes (second-lowest rack).
- For the filling; In a bowl combine brown sugar, white sugar, flour, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Add in eggs and whipping cream; whisk to combine well.
- Pour the filling into prepared pie plate.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let cook then serve with whipped cream.
- *NOTE* I also have the original recipe for their pastry if you would like it just message me.