Recipe created by Abigael at cajuncookingrecipes.com
Make and share this Cheesecake Factory's Louisiana Chicken Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3⁄4 small red onion (chopped)
- 3 whole garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 pints whipping cream
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add yellow and red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion to same skillet,until crisp-tender, about 4 minute.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and saute 3 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and chicken stock.
- Simmer until sauce re-heats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmer; sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Wash and drain chicken breasts.
- Pound until very thin (the thinner the chicken breasts the better).
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Place milk in dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
- Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium high temperature until golden crisp and cooked through.
- Add more oil as needed.
- Remove and drain chicken; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook bow-tie pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add sauce and toss to coat.
- Place pasta with sauce on plate, and top with chicken breast.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.