From www.TopSecretRecipes.com People will beg you to make this again and again! I found this one in a copy cat recipe book. I decided to try it because Cheesecake Factory makes awesome cheesecakes... and this turned out sooo yummy! Great in the summer time.... or any time. Rich and creamy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make crust by combining the graham crackers with the butter and 1 tbs sugar.
- Stir so that all is coated with butter, but keep it crumbly.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about half way up the side of an 8 inch springform pan. You don't want the crust to form all the way up the back of the cheesecake slices.
- Bake for 5 minutes and set aside until you are ready to fill.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese and blend with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add lime juice and eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. If you notice top of cake turning light brown, cheesecake is done. Remove from oven and cool.
- When cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, put it into the refidgerator. Once cheesecake has chilled (approx 45 minutes later), remove the pan sides and cut cake.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.