Recipe by *Kristi*
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com People will beg you to make this again and again! I found this one in a copy cat recipe book. I decided to try it because Cheesecake Factory makes awesome cheesecakes... and this turned out sooo yummy! Great in the summer time.... or any time. Rich and creamy!
Top Review by Larawithoutau
Made this with the additon of salt per TaterBug! :)'s review. I reduced the sugar just the slightest bit and it was wonderful, not too sweet and not sour, perfect lime flavor. I may try some zest in the filling next time, but otherwise wouldn't make any additional changes. Tip: To avoid cracks, when the cheesecake is finished baking, turn off the oven, remove from oven and run a knife around the edges of the springform pan to "release" the cheesecake from the sides, return to oven and leave oven door open a few inches, until cooled.
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make crust by combining the graham crackers with the butter and 1 tbs sugar.
- Stir so that all is coated with butter, but keep it crumbly.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about half way up the side of an 8 inch springform pan. You don't want the crust to form all the way up the back of the cheesecake slices.
- Bake for 5 minutes and set aside until you are ready to fill.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese and blend with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add lime juice and eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. If you notice top of cake turning light brown, cheesecake is done. Remove from oven and cool.
- When cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, put it into the refidgerator. Once cheesecake has chilled (approx 45 minutes later), remove the pan sides and cut cake.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.