1/9 Photos of Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi
This recipe is a decent clone of my favorite Shrimp Scampi meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined, and butterflied
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 diced tomato
- 6 -8 whole garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- olive oil
- 5 -7 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
For the shrimp
- 1Pour enough olive oil in a large sauce pan to cover the bottom, turn to medium high heat. This is the only pot you'll need for the sauce so it should be big. Soak the shrimp in milk and combine the dry ingredients (flour, 2T cheese, salt, pepper). Coat the shrimp with the dry ingredients and let them fry in the olive oil, About 2 minutes per side until golden brown. The Flour that falls off the shrimp will add great flavor and consistency to the sauce. Add more oil as necessary, between batches of shrimp. Dab the shrimp with a paper towel, cover and set aside on range top to keep warm.
- 2Add the garlic to the oil, stir for a few minutes, then turn the heat to medium low. Now add the wine and bring it to a boil. Then turn the heat to low and cover, let the wine reduce, about 10-15 minutes.
- 3In a separate pot, bring water to simmer. (for pasta later).
- 4Add the cream, and bring it back to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 more minutes. While it is simmering dice your shallot and tomato, and chiffonade your basil. Now add the Basil, diced tomato, and remaining 2T Parmesan cheese. Stir for a moment then add the fried shrimp, and remove the pan from heat. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 5Bring pasta pot to a boil and add angel hair and cook.
- 6To plate, pour some sauce on a dish and arrange the shrimp around the bottom (10 or so), then take a ball of the pasta and plate that above the shrimp. garnish with a little parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1065.4
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 310.6 mg
- Sodium 926.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 37.5 g