Cook1 hr 15 mins
Who can turn down cheesecake with oreo cookies? I get nothing but raves when I make this cheesecake. This is the exact recipe from the Cheesecake Factory, as I got it from a copycat recipe website.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 18 to 23 cookies finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 5 Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped for the batter)
- 7 -9 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, for the top of cheese cake
- Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Cover bottom and 1/2-1 inch up the sides with crumbs. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- All ingredients need to be at room temperature before beginning.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Keep mixer on a low setting during the mixing and beating process.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating cream cheese until mixed through.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended.
- Stir vanilla, salt and flour into cream cheese and egg mixture.
- Add the sour cream.
- Turn off the mixer and gently stir in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into springform pan; top with the 7-9 remaining coarsely chopped cookies.
- Place pan on top rack and in the middle of a preheated oven at 325 degrees and bake for 60- 75 minutes or until it jiggles slightly in the middle when the pan is gently shaken.
- Turn off the oven, prop the door open several inches and let the cheese cake stay in the oven for one hour.
- Cool on wire rack.
- When cool, refrigerate for 24 hours.
this recipe is great! there is a trick to making the crust though, take all the filling out of the oreo and just use the cookies put them in a food processor make sure its all finely chopped, use butter and mix it with the chopped oreo till it feels like a pasty mix. you'll have an easier time to put it around the spring foam pan. other than that i've been getting nothing but this cheesecake is so good whered u get it haha!
Excellent! Made it just as the recipe stated and it turned out great. Just a note..I learned this the hard way with another recipe that called for an Oreo crust. Do not use the Double Stuff Oreos for a crust. The "stuff" is mainly sugar and shortening. When I baked the crust, the fat in the "stuff" melted and dripped out of my springform pan onto the bottom of the oven, smoking up the house. Regular Oreos work just fine.
this got raves from family and friends, i thought it was a little on the eggy side.