Recipe by LizCl
Who can turn down cheesecake with oreo cookies? I get nothing but raves when I make this cheesecake. This is the exact recipe from the Cheesecake Factory, as I got it from a copycat recipe website.
Top Review by cheftuaz
this recipe is great! there is a trick to making the crust though, take all the filling out of the oreo and just use the cookies put them in a food processor make sure its all finely chopped, use butter and mix it with the chopped oreo till it feels like a pasty mix. you'll have an easier time to put it around the spring foam pan. other than that i've been getting nothing but this cheesecake is so good whered u get it haha!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 18 to 23 cookies finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 5 Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped for the batter)
- 7 -9 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, for the top of cheese cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Cover bottom and 1/2-1 inch up the sides with crumbs. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- All ingredients need to be at room temperature before beginning.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Keep mixer on a low setting during the mixing and beating process.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating cream cheese until mixed through.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until blended.
- Stir vanilla, salt and flour into cream cheese and egg mixture.
- Add the sour cream.
- Turn off the mixer and gently stir in the 5 coarsely chopped Oreo cookies with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into springform pan; top with the 7-9 remaining coarsely chopped cookies.
- Place pan on top rack and in the middle of a preheated oven at 325 degrees and bake for 60- 75 minutes or until it jiggles slightly in the middle when the pan is gently shaken.
- Turn off the oven, prop the door open several inches and let the cheese cake stay in the oven for one hour.
- Cool on wire rack.
- When cool, refrigerate for 24 hours.