Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I absolutely love their meatloaf and I found this copycat recipe online. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to very soon! **Update - ok so I made this last night and I must say it came out pretty good. My wife loved it, she'd probably give it 5 stars, I'd lean more towards the 4 star rating. Also the cook time was off, I think next time I'll cook it at 375 instead of 350, and I recommend a 5-8 minute broil at the end to crisp up the top. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 3⁄4 cup large-curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pack into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
My husband and eldest daughter really enjoyed this recipe. I am horrible at making meatloaf and this turned out great! I liked the texture, the flavor and the way it cut. I used 1 lb of pork and 1 lb of beef; skipping the veal. I free formed it in a pan instead of cooking in a loaf pan and cooked it for an hour with the last 20 minutes on speed bake.
Miserable failure.. Followed instructions to a "t" (as I always do with a new recipe)..couldn't even give it to the dog because of the onions in it!
This was one of the worst dinners I have ever had. The meat tasted OLD. Lovely presentation and vegetables and service were grand, I would never recommend this meat loaf to anyon e