Recipe by LuAnn_Mason
This is as close as I was able to come to the Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake--a little creamier than the other versions posted here, and I think closer to the original.
Top Review by Nano8917
I made this Key Lime cheesecake last night. I too followed the recipe exactly except I used fresh key limes (1 bag), plus I added 1 tablespoon key lime zest. Even after adding the zest, I did not think it was too tart. But key lime lovers know that's what makes a Key Lime Pie so good. This recipe made a very creamy cheesecake. The crust was one of the best tasting graham cracker crust I have ever made and it did not get soggy at all. I did have to cook the cheesecake about 20 minutes longer. I reviewed several recipes on the Internet for Key Lime Cheesecake and I'm so happy I chose this one. It is so delicious and I will definitely be making it again. If you like Key Lime Pie, you will absolutely love this cheesecake. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, crushed (approximately 2 sleeves)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup trader joe's key lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In 9 or 10 inch springform pan, combine crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar. Press evenly over bottom of pan and halfway up sides. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes, no longer.
- Cream room temperature cream cheese well, add sugar, and cream until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently to integrate any cream cheese lumps. Cream in sour cream, eggs, flour and vanilla. When smooth once more, stir in lime juice. Note: 3/4 Cup of Key Lime juice makes a very tart cheesecake. If you prefer a less tart cheesecake, start with 1/3 cup and increase to taste.
- Pour over prepared crust. Return to 375 oven for 15 minutes. Lower temperature to 250 and continue baking 50 minutes for 10 inch pan, 55 minutes for 9 inch pan. Cool on wire rack IN PAN for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edge to loosen cheesecake, but do NOT remove from pan. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving. May be garnished with sweetened whipped cream, lime zest, or both.