Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
got this from robbies. haven't tried it yet!
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped, divided
- -Combine butter and cookie crumbs; press evenly into the bottom of a greased 10-inch springform pan; set aside.
- -Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- -Beat in sugar, then eggs.
- -Stir in sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt.
- -Gently stir in 5 chopped cookies.
- -Pour mixture into springform pan; top with remaining chopped cookies.
- -Bake on the top rack of a 325 degree oven for 75 minutes.
- -Turn off the oven, prop the door open several inches, and allow cake rest in oven for 1 hour.
- -Refrigerate overnight.
- Notes: All ingredients should be at room temperature before preparing for best results.
This cake came out fine, and there are other oreo cookie cheesecake recipes similar to this one that all got high reviews. Nice pick, good recipe, keep em' coming.
I was very displeased with the outcome ot this recipie. The flavor is very eggy and the texture is somewhat dry -I prefer a more creamy cheesecake. It also fell or compressed to 1/2 size after cooking, & has strange "S" shape to sides. I made this as a practice for a charity cake auction & used mostly organic ingredients (quite expensive!). very dissapointing-