- 12 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce (use two 9-ounce bags cut-up romaine lettuce, chopped finer than in bag)
- 2 cups diced grilled chicken breasts
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced fine
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh cooked thawed corn kernels or 1 cup frozen thawed corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped crisp-cooked bacon (buy it cooked to save time)
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles (small)
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped (leave skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, corn, bacon, blue cheese and apples.
- Toss until mixed.
- Add Balsamic Vinaigrette, tossing well.
- For the dressing: in a small food processor, combine dressing ingredients.
- Process until well blended.