I have seen a surge in requests for this recipe, which I found very hard to locate! Enjoy my efforts : )
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 gallon water
- 6 carrots (1/4 Sliced)
- 6 celery ribs (1/4 Sliced)
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons garlic (Minced)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (Mild)
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can corn (Or Fresh)
- 20 corn tortillas, fresh
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese (Fancy)
- Simmer chicken in water, 3 carrots, 3 celery, 1/2 onion, 2 tbsp garlic, salt and white and black peppers for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool. Meanwhile, remove all the excess fat and the vegetables used to simmer the chicken in and discard. Add a fresh batch of veggies to the pot.
- Add Rotel, cilantro, corn, and cumin to the pot. Stir well.
- Remove chicken from the bone and add to the pot.
- Add cream just to get color and thickness.
- Cut tortillas in strips and fry in peanut oil. Put tortillas in bottom of bowl, sprinkle with cheese and pour soup on top.