Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
I feel sad for anyone who has never been to a Cheesecake Factory restaurant. This cheesecake is out of this world! I think you will find the nut crust quite unusual. Sometimes I double the crust portion of the recipe just so I can have a thicker crust.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped vanilla wafer
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Crust: Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, set aside.
- Cheesecake: All above ingredients should be at room temperature before your begin.
- Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process.
- Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
- When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the sour cream last and beat well.
- Pour cream cheese into the spring pan.
- Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
- When time is up, turn oven off, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
- After one hour, remove from oven.
- Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- A cheesecake should season.
- The wait is worth it.
- The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
To minimize cracks, put a shallow pan of water on the bottom rack. Also, this style cheesecake is assuming a large 3" deep cheesecake pan, as opposed to a normal pie pan; a pie pan will hold way less and cook way faster. Also, make sure top rack is just above bottom rack, lower from the heating element is better. This helps keep the top light and even for almost every cheesecake recipe on the market.
I made this cheesecake a few days ago... I actually used about three different recipes. I added vanilla bean to half and cocoa to half. Ended up with a very pretty cheesecake, topped it with caramel and chocolate to make it a turtle cheesecake. It's gorgeous and so good!
About 15 minutes into baking it, I realized the sour cream was still sitting on the counter :(
But it still turned out amazing! Thanks for a great recipe. I will make a gain.
I also took a few other reviewers advice and doubled the crust.
If you've never had Cheesecake Factory you'll love it. If you have, it won't measure up. I also recommend you double the crust ingredients since I didn't and it nearly wasn't enough crust to accommodate all the batter. It does taste better with age, so allow 1-2 days before dipping in. Fluffy and all, but lacked a certain sweetness, creaminess and smoothness Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake has. My guests nor I were really impressed. Hit or miss for me.