Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this for Easter the past few years and everyone loves it. It's like carrot cake with a lot of cream cheesy flavor.
- 453.59 g cream cheese (at room temp)
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 240.97 g can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 56.69 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml butter, softened
- 414.03 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 14.79 ml reserved pineapple juice
- To make cheesecake,
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together 2 pkgs cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare Carrot Cake: In large bowl, combine oil, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, blending thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon and dash salt, mixing well.
- Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 9-or 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter; top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter.
- Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife.
- Do not marble with a knife.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- When cake is cold, prepare Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- In a bowl of electric mixer, combine 2 oz cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice and dash of salt.
- Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Frost top of cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
I made this for my husband's birthday because he wanted a carrot cake and a cheesecake. He and others at the party absolutely loved it! I thought it was good but not my favorite but I think that is just a personal preference. I doubled the frosting and made half of it white and half of it turquoise and decorated the top with a pretty design (I submitted the picture!) Also, I would reduce the temperature to 300 to 325 degrees and increase the baking time to 1 hour and 20 minutes to make sure it gets cooked through all the way and the edges don't burn.
This recipe does not deserve 5 stars. It deserves 10 stars. I may be partial because carrot cake and cheesecake are my 2 most favorite desserts so putting them together put me over the edge in happiness. It was delicious. Next time I will play a little bit more with the time and temperature. I think I will go a little lower on the temperature and bake it for a little longer. The very, very middle of the cake was very soft but I couldn't leave it in any longer or the top would have developed cracks. I suggest adding a dash of salt to the cream cheese frosting. This is a winner of a recipe.
This recipe is absolutely AMAZING and so easy!!!!!!! I received many compliments on it, some said I should start selling the cake:) Few minor changes, I baked the cake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Then I turned the oven off, and let it sit in the oven with the door closed for about 45 minutes. I also added nutmeg and doubled the frosting and frosted the side of the cake as well. I cannot believe a cake this good could be so easy !!! Definitely try it out!!