1/1 Photo of Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta by Todd Wilbur
Iron Woman's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I love the Cheesecake Factory restaurant but we know it can get expensive eating there. I found this recipe on the net, let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 1/2 lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 5 quarts water
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1Make a cajun seasoning blend by combining the white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- 2Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- 3Use about one- third of the seasoning blend to coat the chicken pieces.
- 4In another bowl, sprinkle another one-third of the spice blend over the shrimp.
- 5Start your pasta cooking by bringing 5 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- 6Add both fettuccine to the hot water, reduce.
- 7the heat to medium, and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- 8While the pasta cooks, heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan or skillet over high heat.
- 9When the oil is hot, saute' the chicken.
- 10in the pan for about 2 minutes per side or until the surface of the chicken starts to turn brown.
- 11Add the shrimp to the pan with the chicken and cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- 12When the chicken and shrimp have been seared, pour the contents of the pan onto a plate or into a bowl. Do not rinse the pan!
- 13Put the pan back over high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- 14Add the tomatoes, peppers and onions to the oil. Sprinkle the vegetables with the remaining spice blend and saute' for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to turn dark brown or black.
- 15Add the chicken and shrimp to the vegetables and pour 3/4 cup of the chicken stock in the pan. Cook over high heat until the stock has been reduced to just about nothing.
- 16Add the remaining 3/4 cup of stock to the pan. The liquid should become dark as it deglazes the pan of the dark film left by the.
- 17spices and cooking food.
- 18Stir constantly, scraping the blackened stuff on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the broth a bit more, then turn the heat down to low.
- 19Combine the arrowroot with the wine in a small bowl. Stir until it is dissolved.
- 20Add this to the pan and simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly. When the pasta is done, drain it and spoon half onto a.
- 22Spoon half of the jambalaya over the pasta.
- 23Sprinkle half the parsley over the top.
- 24Repeat for the second serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 1457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g