Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I love the Cheesecake Factory restaurant but we know it can get expensive eating there. I found this recipe on the net, let me know what you think!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 5 quarts water
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Make a cajun seasoning blend by combining the white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Use about one- third of the seasoning blend to coat the chicken pieces.
- In another bowl, sprinkle another one-third of the spice blend over the shrimp.
- Start your pasta cooking by bringing 5 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add both fettuccine to the hot water, reduce.
- the heat to medium, and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan or skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is hot, saute' the chicken.
- in the pan for about 2 minutes per side or until the surface of the chicken starts to turn brown.
- Add the shrimp to the pan with the chicken and cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- When the chicken and shrimp have been seared, pour the contents of the pan onto a plate or into a bowl. Do not rinse the pan!
- Put the pan back over high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers and onions to the oil. Sprinkle the vegetables with the remaining spice blend and saute' for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to turn dark brown or black.
- Add the chicken and shrimp to the vegetables and pour 3/4 cup of the chicken stock in the pan. Cook over high heat until the stock has been reduced to just about nothing.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup of stock to the pan. The liquid should become dark as it deglazes the pan of the dark film left by the.
- spices and cooking food.
- Stir constantly, scraping the blackened stuff on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the broth a bit more, then turn the heat down to low.
- Combine the arrowroot with the wine in a small bowl. Stir until it is dissolved.
- Add this to the pan and simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly. When the pasta is done, drain it and spoon half onto a.
- Spoon half of the jambalaya over the pasta.
- Sprinkle half the parsley over the top.
- Repeat for the second serving.
I've made this recipe twice and so far, both times it has been a hit with my family. They love it, and always go back for more. This is a dish I always order when I go to the Cheese Cake Factory, and so I decided to get the ingredients and try it at home. I was very surprised with how close it was to the Cheese Cake Factory. Some may want to modify it to taste, for example, I love spicy food, but my husband doesn't like it too spicy. So making an even bigger dish allows for the flavor to be a little milder then very spicy. And the only issue is the first time I found the spinach Linguine with no problem, but the second time I went to three grocery stores and couldn't find it. I think it can be a challenge to locate that kind of pasta, so the second time I just doubled up on the regular pasta. It still tasted fantastic. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will definitely cook this again in the future.
Every time I go to The Cheesecake Factory I say I am going to try something new, but, every time I get this. I luv, luv luv it!!!! This recipe wasn't bad, but, I did have to tweak it a bit. I could not find spinach linguini so used all regular. It also was kind of bland so I doubled the Cajun seasoning and the cayenne. I also added some more butter so there was more juice. Other than that it was great. I will make this again, but, I still think if I go to The Cheesecake Factory I will order it again lol.
I have made this 3 times now, super good each time and even better for left overs the next day. I did use a short cut and bought and used Cajun seasoning. DELISH!!