Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love the Cheesecake factory, and this is one of my favorite recipes there. There is another recipe here for this, but it is not like the original and different than mine. I use Tony Chachere's Seasoning (green can) when making this dish. The amounts in the parenthesis are what I use in this recipe.
- 4 ounces butter (1 stick)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb fresh linguine
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 2 ounces green bell peppers, cut into thin strips (1/2 pepper)
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, cut into thin strips (1/2 pepper)
- 2 ounces yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips (1/2 pepper)
- 4 ounces red onions, cut into thin strips (1 med. onion)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- Place the butter into a saute pan. Allow the butter to melt slightly.
- Add the seasoning into the pan, and stir together with the melted butter.
- Add the chicken into the pan, and continue to cook until the chicken is about half done.
- While the chicken is cooking, carefully place the pasta into boiling water, and cook until al dente.
- Pour the clam juice into the pan. Add the peppers and onions. Cook for another minute, making sure the vegetables are heated through and the chicken is almost done.
- Add the shrimp into the pan. Toss the ingredients together, and continue to cook until the shrimp are almost done.
- Add the tomatoes into then pan. Continue to cook mixture until both the shrimp and chicken are thoroughly cooked through.
- Place some pasta into each bowl. Spoon equal portions of the jambalaya mixture into each bowl over the pasta.