Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very rich and delicious recipe that has been in my family for years. Every time my mom or dad made this cheesecake--it's been a hit every time. In my own words, this cheescake recipe is "The Bomb"!! Try it!
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup crushed zwieback cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- For top and bottom of cheesecake: Mix together the crushed zwieback cookies, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Line bottom of spring pan with half the mixture and save other half for top of cake.
- For cheesecake: mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, beaten eggs, almond extract and 1 and 1/3 cups of sugar.
- Mix well with electric mixer until very smooth.
- Pour into lined pan and top with the remainder of crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Top with favorite fruit topping and enjoy!