Recipe by Johnna Seaward
From the Nestle recipes, these are the creamiest and chocolatiest cupcakes you will ever have.
Top Review by Heydarl
These were stunning & very well received. Fairly easy to make - the taste was worth the bit of fiddling required. I cut up about 6 strawberries & put in with the filling. Next time I'll take the previous reviewer's suggestion to only make 12 cupcakes. Thanks Johnna for sharing this lovely recipe.
Cream cheese filling
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (or low fat)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1⁄2 cup tollhouse chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or splenda sweetener)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- confectioners' sugar, to sprinkle on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Filling: In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt; beat until creamy.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and then set aside.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt over hot water (not boiling) water the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in melted morsels.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture from the small bowl with water.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter into 16 cupcake foils. Spoon a tablespoon of filling over the chocolate batter. Spoon the remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 23-25 minutes.