Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These cupcakes are delicious! I got the recipe from a friend after she brought them to a party and they disappeared quickly. They are like little individual cheesecakes. They make a nice dessert.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling
- Add eggs to softened cream cheese, one at a time; blend thoroughly.
- Add 1 c sugar and 1 tsp vanilla and mix together well.
- Place in paper cups in cupcake tin and bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes; let cool (tops will sink in).
- Mix sour cream with 1/4 c sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Place mixture in cupcakes and return to 300 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place pie filling on top before serving.
Delicious! I admit I had doubts that these would work but they came out perfect and delicious even though I forgot the pie filling topping and used low fat plain yogurt instead of the sour cream. I also used two regular packages of cream cheese and 1 fat free and no one could tell the difference. Thanks Whisper for a great easy keeper desert recipe. This will be made over and over again in our kitchen.
This is exactly the recipe that I have been making for over 30 years! Always delicious and everyone loves them. I just made them for a cocktail Christmas theme party using mini cupcake red and green foil cups. I yield 52. You fill the cupcake foils to 1/8" on both sizes they shrink after they start cooling. I always know when the cracking is evident while baking it is time to take them out. I cool them for 5 or so minutes before adding the sour cream mixture and then top and pop in the oven for 5 minutes. My recipe suggested topping with a curl of chocolate or pie filing. ENJOY!!!
I put a vanilla wafer cookie in the bottom of each cupcake paper and put the filling on top. Made a nice crust.