Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a great twist on strawberry topped cheesecake! I found this to be quite a romantic dessert, so I made it with big, long-stemmed strawberries. As for the "crust" shortbread cookies or even pound cake crumbs would work.
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 473.19 ml fresh strawberries
- 59.14-118.29 ml graham cracker crumbs
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth; add the sour cream, sugar, milk, and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place the strawberries and and crumbs in separate serving bowls (if you want to serve fondue-style).
- Dip the strawberries in the cheesecake mixture, then coat with the crumbs.
- **For romantic or chic plated dessert idea, serve 2 or 3 dipped berries along side a slim piece of flourless chocolate cake and glasses of champagne.
This was a yummy treat! I felt the sour cream overpowered the cream cheese just a bit so on the second batch I only used 1/4 cup and it came out perfect! This was so much easier and less time consuming than a traditional cheesecake and my little ones love the dipping. Thanks for a great recipe!
OK, these are awesome. I made them for a wedding shower. They are easy, beautiful, tasty, and healthier than cheesecake. I have found that when cream cheese is the star of the recipe, it is good to use full-fat organic. Be generous when dipping into the cream cheese mixture. There is plenty, and it is so mild and lightly sweet, that it's not overkill to really give a good dunk. I took treehugs advice and refridgerated the cc mixture before dipping and it seemed to work well. I've already received many requests for the recipe!
I can't believe I almost forgot to review! I made this 2 weeks ago and am back for 2nd's. This is a fantastic compliment to strawberries. I used LF ingredients and it worked perfectly. I also sprinkled a bit of powdered sugar on the strawberries before dipping. (I have a healthy sweet tooth...)