What a great twist on strawberry topped cheesecake! I found this to be quite a romantic dessert, so I made it with big, long-stemmed strawberries. As for the "crust" shortbread cookies or even pound cake crumbs would work.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth; add the sour cream, sugar, milk, and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place the strawberries and and crumbs in separate serving bowls (if you want to serve fondue-style).
- Dip the strawberries in the cheesecake mixture, then coat with the crumbs.
- **For romantic or chic plated dessert idea, serve 2 or 3 dipped berries along side a slim piece of flourless chocolate cake and glasses of champagne.