Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
What a great twist on strawberry topped cheesecake! I found this to be quite a romantic dessert, so I made it with big, long-stemmed strawberries. As for the "crust" shortbread cookies or even pound cake crumbs would work.
Top Review by The Happy Housewife
This was a yummy treat! I felt the sour cream overpowered the cream cheese just a bit so on the second batch I only used 1/4 cup and it came out perfect! This was so much easier and less time consuming than a traditional cheesecake and my little ones love the dipping. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth; add the sour cream, sugar, milk, and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place the strawberries and and crumbs in separate serving bowls (if you want to serve fondue-style).
- Dip the strawberries in the cheesecake mixture, then coat with the crumbs.
- **For romantic or chic plated dessert idea, serve 2 or 3 dipped berries along side a slim piece of flourless chocolate cake and glasses of champagne.