Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Want cheesecake but not the hassel of preparing one? Try this simple and delicious alternative : )
Make and share this Cheesecake Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into an 8x8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 squares; serve.
Very good and very easy. I made this for church leadership meeting. I had put the canned fruit with it but they were better without it. note: I tried to shortcut by mixing all the last parts of the recipe at one time. Do not do this. I could not get them to blend well.
This was excellent, Bev. I actually preferred this to cheesecake and it was easier to make. I had all ingredients on hand. I also liked that they weren't overly sweet. I added some lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture, since i absolutely love anything lemon. Next time, I may add a layer of raspberry preserves to change it up a bit! Thanks for posting!
Freaking Awesome!!! and so easy to make too! Thanks for sharing this recipe.