Recipe by Bev
Want cheesecake but not the hassel of preparing one? Try this simple and delicious alternative : )
Top Review by Devin71
Very good and very easy. I made this for church leadership meeting. I had put the canned fruit with it but they were better without it. note: I tried to shortcut by mixing all the last parts of the recipe at one time. Do not do this. I could not get them to blend well.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packet cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into an 8x8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 squares; serve.