Recipe by Jane from Ohio
These cookies are like minature cheesecakes. They are not only delicious but easy to make. I don't remember what magazine I got the recipe, but I have had it about 15 years. They also freeze well.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter or margarine till mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remainder over bottom of 8x8x2 inch ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned but not completely done.
- In mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar thorougly.
- Add egg, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Spread batter over partially baked crust.
- Combine walnuts with reserved crumb mixture and sprinkle all over.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Makes 16 cookies.