Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These cookies are like minature cheesecakes. They are not only delicious but easy to make. I don't remember what magazine I got the recipe, but I have had it about 15 years. They also freeze well.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter or margarine till mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remainder over bottom of 8x8x2 inch ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned but not completely done.
- In mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar thorougly.
- Add egg, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Spread batter over partially baked crust.
- Combine walnuts with reserved crumb mixture and sprinkle all over.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Makes 16 cookies.
I love this recipe. I use a mini muffin pan and make them in bite size morsels. you can also use a butter cake mix instead of the flour and butter.
This is as easy as makng cheesecake!!! And I loved the taste of the cookies.They are great for taking to potluck,which is what I did with them, and had to give out the recipe to several people. Easy,tasty recipe!!! Thanks,Darlene
I've had this recipe magnetted to my fridge for ages. Finally got around to making it - and I'm glad I did. Easy and delicious!